Back Tips for Driving Tips
Today's fast-paced living demands that you spend at least some time behind the wheel of a car, usually everyday. Proper driving posture can help you feel better when you get to where you're going.
Here are some tips:
- Keep your buttocks close to the backrest of the seat.
- Support the arch in the small of your back with a towel roll or a lumbar support.
- Move your seat up close to the steering wheel to keep your knees either at the same height or higher than your hips.
- Stop the car to stand and stretch at least once every hour. Put your hands in the small of your back and arch backward.
- If you spend a great deal of time driving, you might invest in a low back support or an orthopedically designed car seat.
Whether you spend an hour a day on a freeway or 40 hours a week behind the wheel of a truck, poor posture can cause unnecessary discomfort. Try these driving tips, they're easy and they work!
» Return to table of contents «